It’s the top of the line for KitchenAid in my opinion. You can crank it up with heavier bread doughs, the worst that can happen is the bowl will jump around a bit. It’s worth the money and very durable.
If you’re thinking of investing in the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Stand Mixer, but would like more information about it first, this in-depth review may help you arrive at a decision. In the next few minutes, you’ll discover the main features of this product, how well it performs, a quick glance at its pros and cons, general customer feedback and whether or not this device would make for a great purchase.
With that said, let’s get started…
There is a wide variety of mixers available in the market today therefore it is imperative to be diligent in the choice of an exceptional item. This KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Stand Mixer has been designed to handle a variety of tasks and enhance the convenience of the user.
It has all the aspects that will allow the user to create heavy mixtures and make big quantities as required. The versatility is quite high which means that the mixer is perfect for a range of task depending on the attachments used. The KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Stand Mixer is highly rated by consumers for its efficiency in accomplishing its purpose and the durability of the design.
KitchenAid is an established brand that offers premium appliances and the company has received positive feedback from users especially on stand mixers. The popularity has been attributed to these factors as well as to the fair prices at which you will find the items in different retail stores.
The KitchenAid professional addition to the kitchen collection due to the power of the appliance, build and the additional accessories provided on purchase. Consider these features and specifications of this useful product for your home.
Specifications & Features
- Product Dimensions: 17 x 13.1 x 19.4 inches
- Powerful 450-watt motor with a total of ten speed settings
The KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Stand mixer (KV25GoXER) has a 450-watt motor which is 30% percent more powerful than KitchenAid’s previous 5-Qt stand mixers – very powerful for most home applications. Whether you have light or heavy mixtures, the results provided will be incredible and consistent. Even with more sizable batches, the quality of the mixture remains unaffected.
The operation of the product is quite distinctive compared to similar items in the market. The beater installed works in a clockwise direction while shaft pins work in the reverse direction eliminating the need to change the position of the bowl while still providing the thorough results.
The speed control on the motor has ten settings and an electronic speed sensor has been installed for advanced function. The soft start feature prevents splashes and puffs while the reset prevents eventual overheating of the motor especially after prolonged use.
- Contains a five-quart stainless steel bowl
The 5-quart bowl is constructed out of polished stainless steel material which means that it has prolonged durability and it retains integrity for longer. It is dishwasher safe and it is designed for easy handling through the addition of ergonomic handles. There are brackets installed on this special bowl to fit over the pins on the mixer such that there is a lock between the two parts when in operation. This makes certain that the security of the appliance and the user is improved. Generally, KitchenAid Professional 5 plus has a solid all-metal build that is resilient, and the design applied is aimed at better efficiency.
- Additional Accessories – Enables quick and easy installation of other attachments
To obtain the best services out of your home stand mixer, it is essential to have some accessories. This improves the versatility and general value of the product in the kitchen. The items included are the spiral dough hook, the flat beater and the wire whip which are made of sturdy material.
The dough hook is for kneading, the beater for the batters and the wire whip for use with whipping cream or even egg whites. Installation of attachments is easy and requires no specialized knowledge. It is important to note that in the future, optional attachments can be purchased separately for enhanced use
- Advanced Features
If you have ever used a professional mixer before, you understand some of the challenges that come with them: splattered ingredients, an overheated motor and the switching out of various attachments. Fortunately, the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus overcomes these hurdles with its smart, forward thinking features.
The Soft Start feature starts the mixer out slow so that ingredients don’t splash all over the kitchen. The Overload Reset button eliminates the possibility that the motor will overheat while a convenient hub cover flips up so that you can switch out the attachments with ease.
- Superb mixing system.
- Comfortable handle
- Includes a wire whip, spiral dough hook and a flat beater
- Unique Mixing Action
One of the best features of this KitchenAid Mixer is its great mixing mechanism – the shaft spins counter-clockwise and the beater spins clockwise. This means almost every single inch of the bowl is covered (beater moves to 67 different positions in the bowl), which results in a better blend of ingredients.
- There’s No Need To Rotate The Bowl
Here’s another top benefit this unit offers – since the mixer is automatically programmed to reach sixty seven points inside the mixing area, you do not have to keep rotating the bowl while the machine is in action. Simply push the button and sit back and watch as the device gets to work!
- Clean Up Is A Breeze
Maintaining the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus is super easy. The bowl and attachments can be cleaned within seconds (you can hand wash them) and so is the exterior of the mixer. Useful Tip: A Clorox cleanup is handy for wiping off splatters and keeping the machine looking nice and shiny.
The KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Mixer performance is high with regard to technical and user parameters. It has quality results in terms of time utilized, batch sizes and final products as well as user popularity for the value for the price, brand likability, satisfaction and the general quality.
- The KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus is equipped with a 450-watt motor – this produces enough power to handle large batches and tackle even the heaviest mixtures of dough and batter
- It features a rather unique mixing action – while the shaft spins counter-clockwise, the beater spins is a clockwise direction. As a result, the force applied when mixing ingredients is greatly improved
- Designed to perfectly fit the hand, the specially crafted handle also makes it a lot more convenient to lift up the bowl from the mixer chassis
- You are given a wide variety of speed settings (ten) that allow you to choose the correct speed for a mixing job
- The build quality of this machine is excellent. It’s sturdy and long lasting and all of the outer components are built to last
- Maintenance is completely hassle-free. The strong stainless steel bowl and the whisk attachments are all ‘dishwasher safe,’ making the clean up process as simple as 1-2-3
- The mixer hub contains a solid cover that can be removed in a jiffy and it flips open to expose where the beater detaches. This in turn, enables adding new attachments a super quick task
- Some of the accessories included with this product are: a spiral dough hook, a flat beater and a wire whip. Having said that, many other accessories can also be purchased and fitted to the mixer
- Large and Bulky. If you’re limited on counter space or prefer appliances that are small and compact, the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus may not be the mixer for you.
- Furthermore, if this gadget is used on the highest setting for a lengthy period, it could overheat and produce a foul burning smell. This may also happen when the machine runs for a long time with absolutely nothing placed in the bowl
The ratings received on various platforms for this KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus product are good, with minimal complaints directed towards it. Most users have given the item a perfect score for performance as well as the manual and the warranty.
At the time of writing, this device has gained just over four hundred reviews on Amazon and an impressive average rating of 4.4 (out of a possible five stars). While a few buyers have highlighted a couple of minor snags, many users praise the performance of this unit and are completely satisfied with their purchase.
Is This Product Worth Purchasing?
In one word – Yes.
One of the best and most popular electric stand mixers currently available, the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus provides terrific value for money. It offers plenty of amazing features including a powerful motor that’s more than capable of mixing a wide variety of ingredients, as well as a fantastic whisking system.
All in all, the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus is a great option if you’re looking to invest in a high quality kitchen mixer that will last for a long time to come.
Download KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Stand Mixer Use & Care Guide here