Congratulations on the purchase of your espresso machine. You’re about to prepare many excitingly spectacular coffee drinks with this machine in your kitchen, but first, it is essential that you learn the proper ways of using your machine.
The best results come when you’re able to input your expert skills and knowledge into the espresso creation. Yes, you can create those coffee-shop quality espressos in your home; we’re here to teach you how.
To create the perfect espresso, you need good espresso beans, water, and a grinder for coffee, a milk pitcher, milk, and of course the coffee cup for the final product.
- Step One: Fill your espresso machine reservoir with water. Turn your espresso machine on to allow it to warm. You should allow it to warm just a few minutes.
- Step Two: This is an important step, and it is grinding your espresso beans. You can use the grinder with your machine or a separate grinder. Add two coffee tablespoons into your portafilter. Tamp the coffee using your tamping tool and ensure that an even motion is used. Make sure that it is completely level.
- Step Three: Your coffee basket should now be filled with coffee. Be sure to clean the excess grounds from the machine!
- Step Four: Turn the espresso machine to the shot setting. Stop when you have enough of the espresso. Add about 8 ounces of water.
- Step Five: Steam 12 ounces of milk in the pitcher provided with your espresso machine. Once it is done steaming, you want to froth it using the steam wand. When the espresso has reached the desired temperature, turn it back off.
- Step Six: Pour the frothed milk into the espresso shot in your coffee cup. Add any additional flavorings that you desire.
- Step Seven: Sit down and get ready to experience deliciousness as you’ve never had in your kitchen before!
It is fairly simple to make an espresso.
Before you use your machine for the first time, make sure that you read the owners’ manual that comes with your unit. There are always specifications instructed by the manufacture that are important to know.
Reading the espresso machine owners’ manual will help you learn how to use your machine correctly and make the best espressos possible.
You won’t have any trouble making an espresso the very first time that you use your machine, but do know that the more that you use it, the better you will become. After just a few uses of your espresso machine you’ll be able to easily whip up deliciousness for the entire family and all of your friends.
Tips for Creating a great Espresso
As mentioned above, you’ll get better at making espressos with every use of your machine. However, there are a few tips that you can use to help yourself to tastier coffee drinks time after time. Here are a few tips for making the perfect espresso at your home.
- Warm your cup using the heating plate on your espresso machine. This is a great way to enhance your espresso drinking experience!
- Choose the water that you use in your espresso machine carefully. It is best to use bottled water or use a water purifier.
- Choose the coffee that you are using carefully as well. The better quality of coffee that you use in your espresso machine, the better the taste and quality of the espresso you create.
- Adjust the levels of coffee that you use in your machine, as well as the shots, If you do not like the taste of the espresso. It is easy to play around with these two options to create a delicious drink that you will love.
- Plan for an extraction time of around 30 seconds.
Espresso machines are becoming more common in the kitchens of many cooks. If you love a delicious, frothy latte style coffee, the addition of an espresso machine is certainly going to provide you with many memories. It is easy to make coffee house specialties from the comfort of your kitchen any time that you would like to make them, and you will save a ton of money in the process.
From the information above you can tell that it is not at all difficult to create an espresso with your machine. What are you waiting for? Isn’t that tasty, frothy espresso goodness calling you?