This is a great product and a very good deal for the quality. We keep all of the grinder parts stored in the freezer and we put strips of meat in freezer for 15-30 minutes before grinding. If you do this and make sure that you cut off most of the tendon/sinew/ligaments, it works like a charm (and it even works surprisingly well when I’ve been a tiny bit lazy on that task too).
Whether it is for mincing meat, making bread crumbs, or even salsa, grinders can be the ideal appliance. If you already own a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, you won’t need to buy a standalone grinder that takes up space and cost a good amount of money.
The KitchenAid Food Grinder Attachment for Stand Mixers is the perfect accessory to make your KitchenAid Stand Mixer into a fully functional grinder.
I suggest freezing the meat before grinding. Also, the large food tray helps because you can stack and continuously feed more meat therefore, the grinder doesn’t have a chance to run empty, which will cause excess friction and shavings.
When coupled with the Pro Line Series mixer, the unit is extremely tall on the counter top.
• This grinder attachment is great for grinding different types of meats, grating hard cheese, making bread crumbs, combining various types of dips, salsas and spreads.
• The KitchenAid meat grinder attachment is compatible with all the KitchenAid Stand Mixers. You won’t have to purchase a new mixer to use the KitchenAid meat grinder attachment.
• The KitchenAid grinder is also an expandable strainer accessory for fruits and vegetables. You can use it to make various soft foods such as chutneys, jams, baby food and applesauce.
• Apart from an ideal meat grinder, the attachment can also be used with the pasta maker accessory to make fresh pasta, spaghetti and macaroni for a delightful Italian gourmet meal. This is also an additional kit available to make sausages with the KitchenAid meat grinder.
Most of the people buying the KitchenAid Food Grinder Attachment for Stand Mixers would use it mostly as a meat grinder. So we tried out the KitchenAid meat grinder to make our own ground beef. The manual states that the Stand Mixer should be turned on Speed 4 before using the meat grinder. The grinder performed well by churning about 2 pounds of beef roast in less than 10 minutes.
Although the KitchenAid Food Grinder may not be the most powerful meat grinder there is, but if you already have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, then this useful attachment is all you need for basic food grinding.
• The KitchenAid meat grinder attachment can mince though 2 pounds of chunky beef in less than 10 minutes, which is good enough by many standards.
• Buying this product would be much cheaper than purchasing a standalone grinder.
• The Grinder is widely expandable and can be used for many purposes other than grinding. It can be used to make sauces, fresh pastas and even sausages (separate kit).
• Although the build quality is excellent and the plastic used is sturdy, it won’t last forever, especially if used excessively for meat grinding.
The KitchenAid Food Grinder Attachment has received 1,388 reviews on Amazon, with a rating of 4.1 stars out of 5. With more than 57% reviews given as 5 stars, about 80% of the reviews show that the customers are satisfied with the product.
KitchenAid Food Grinder Attachment for Stand Mixers certainly stands out to be a fine addition to any home kitchen. Whether you wish to steer clear of those unclean grinders at the butcher shop, or wish to try out some new recipes, this handy grinder attachment is just what you need. If you own a KitchenAid Stand Mixer already, there is no reason for you to not buy this incredible grinder attachment right away.